Male hair loss is common, but that doesn’t make it any less painful to deal with it. Hair loss can be caused by many things, including heredity, stress, and the natural process of aging. Of course, there are some medical conditions that can cause hair loss as well.
Unless the hair loss is caused by a certain medical condition, fortunately enough, we have natural remedies that can help regrow hair. There are many natural items that you can either apply to your hair or make a part of your diet to reduce the number of strands you see on your shoulders and brushes.
In this blog, we will discuss some of the best hair growth remedies that will fulfill your quest for perfect hair growth.
“Our food should be our medicine, and our medicine should be our food.”
Remember, the healthier your diet is, the healthier you will be, and ultimately – your hair! Take foods that aid in hair growth. Some food groups that play a vital role in hair health are:
- Protein is necessary for hair growth. Try eating foods high in protein, such as lean meats, soy products, and eggs.
- Vitamin A is needed for a healthy scalp. Eat carrots, parsley, spinach, tuna or salmon, and orange or yellow vegetables or fruits to get enough Vitamin A.
- Eat iron-rich foods such as beans, lentils, spinach, and green leafy vegetables to prevent anemia which can slow hair growth.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are important for hair health as well as wound healing. Foods with Omega 3 fatty acids are seafood, nuts, yogurt, and canola oil.
- Low levels of zinc can result in brittle hair contributing majorly to hair loss. Foods rich in zinc are oysters, lobsters, crabs, liver, nuts, mushrooms, and legumes.
“Three things you must do today: Schedule a massage, get a massage, and schedule your next massage.”
Stimulating scalp massages every once or twice a week is the best gift you can give yourself. Scalp massages not only help in promoting hair growth but also reduce headaches, stress, anxiety, and depression. Some of the best oils that can promote hair growth are:
- Rosemary essential oil is known to do wonders when it comes to scalp health. It helps in increasing blood circulation to the scalp resulting in reduced hair fall.
- Peppermint essential oil helps increase hair density, hydrate the scalp, reduce itchiness and dandruff, and fight against lice.
- Castor oil is rich in vitamin E, which plays an essential part in moisturizing hair and boosting hair follicles’ health. Moreover, it also helps balance the pH levels of the scalp.
- Almond oil is matchless when it comes to making your hair glossier, shinier, and stronger. It also treats hair damage and dandruff.
- Coconut oil has been used in hair remedies for centuries. It helps tame frizz, fight split ends, and provides full nourishment to the hair. You can add coconut oil to your favorite hair mask for deep conditioning.
Pro Tip: You can mix a few drops of the rosemary and peppermint essential oils with any carrier oils like coconut, almond, or olive and warm it slightly for hot hair massage to see optimal results.
“If it doesn’t nourish your soul and your hair, let it go.”
Time for deep nourishment and deep conditioning. Make the below DIY hair masks a part of your hair care regimen, and we promise you will be amazed by the results.
- The egg and yogurt mask is the perfect mask to give natural proteins to your hair. Mix one egg with 2-3 tbsp of yogurt and a few drops of your favorite oil. Apply for at least 45 minutes and wash your hair as usual.
- Mix 3-4 tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel with 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp of olive oil. Apply the mask for an hour and cover your head with a shower cap for deep conditioning. Wash as usual.
- Caffeine is known to boost hair growth like crazy. Mix 1 tsp of coffee in 2 tbsp lukewarm water and add a few drops of essential oil. Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it all over your scalp. Leave for an hour before washing your hair as usual.
- Do not wash your hair daily. The more you wash your hair, the more your hair loses its natural moisture making it dry and brittle.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- It takes time and consistency. Do not expect overnight results.
- Invest in good quality wigs until the remedies work their magic. You can find the best quality affordable, breathable, and natural-looking wigs at Lavivid Hair.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals and bleach to change your hair color. They destroy your hair health like anything.
- Use silk or satin pillow cover to retain moisture in your hair.
- Avoid stress; studies show that it can cause hair loss. Improve your sleep routine, practice yoga, or meditate to lower your stress level.