At some point or the other, we all go through hair loss. Various reasons may contribute to hair loss, but one thing that remains constant is that hair loss is always challenging to deal with. No matter how hard we try, lack of confidence, insecurities, low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression will always creep into our lives.
People are then always looking for ways to restore their confidence and enhance their appearance without expensive procedures or products that can take months or years to see results, and this is where hair systems come into play.
A hair system is an innovative way to enhance the treatment of hair loss by creating a natural-looking appearance. The benefits include:
- Hair systems are an instant treatment for hair loss.
- Hair systems are cheaper than transplants.
- Hair systems come in a range of colors and styles.
Whether you are new to hair systems or you are already on the bandwagon, something that concerns every hair system wearer is their lifespan.
Here are certain things that shorten the lifespan of your hair system and some great tips to prolong its life. Keep scrolling!
What Shortens the Lifespan of a Hair System?
There are many reasons that shorten the life of a hair system. We’ve outlined the most common causes here. Be all eyes!
- Are you over-shampooing your hair system? It’s time you should stop! Although maintaining a hair system is mandatory to keep it clean and shiny, over washing with sulfate shampoos can cause them to reduce their luster, loosen the hair knots and make the hair strands fall off from the cap.
- Detangling your wig is a good option to keep the strands in place and maintain them. But if you are too rough or use a small comb, the strands will lose their place and shed over time.
- Cotton pillowcase is yet another enemy of hair systems. Hair systems are supposed to be attached to the scalp for many days, which means you will have to sleep on them. Cotton pillowcases offer friction and absorb moisture from your wig, making them become weaker and dull.
- Poor quality hair systems mean a shorter lifespan of the system!
- Too much styling and use of heating tools also result in shortening the life of your hair system.
Does a Weekly Maintenance/Detachment Shorten the Lifespan of a Hair System?
While maintaining a hair system can tremendously help in increasing its life, but if you are over-shampooing it and detaching it frequently, that can do the opposite. So yes, frequent maintenance/detachment can shorten the lifespan of a hair system for sure.
We recommend detaching your hair systems every two weeks, but many people do need to detach the hair systems frequently either because of weather conditions or their scalp conditions. No matter whatever be the case, there is always a positive perspective to things.
If you detach your hair systems once a week, this means your hair system will last you around 3-4 months approx. This means you need 4-5 hair systems a year, and your yearly cost on a hair system would be near to $1,000/year.
If we break down this cost on a daily basis, the results are nearly $2.75/day – less than $3 a day to get back your confidence and enhance your appearance. Isn’t it priceless?
So, even if you are maintaining/detaching your hair systems weekly, you are never out of your pockets!
How to Increase the Lifespan of a Hair System?
While the lifespan of a hair system largely depends on what’s recommended by the manufacturer, the right maintenance can always help in extending the life of your hair system. Being safe is always better than being sorry.
Here are a few to keep in check while wearing a hair system.
- Invest in a good-quality hairpiece. The life of your hair system is mostly the game of quality. Lavivid Hairmakes gold-standard hairpieces for men. Their hair systems are breathable, affordable, stylish, and the best of all – very natural looking (hush! No one needs to be spotted with fake hair).
- Use shampoos and conditioners specially designed for hair systems to retain their moisture and shine.
- Make sure to cover your head with a scarf or a hat when out in the sum. Sun rays cause the hair system to lose its color pretty fast.
- Use a wide-toothed comb or a silicone brush to detangle the strands of your hair system.
- Use silk/satin pillowcases to avoid resistance while sleeping so your hair systems last longer.
- A heat-protectant spray is a savior while styling your hair with heating tools.
- Detach your hair systems only when needed.
For more queries, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you!